By Natalie Kostelni – Reporter, Philadelphia Business Journal
After an $80 million renovation, Chemours Co. officially opened its headquarters at the historic DuPont building in Wilmington.
The company occupies 11 floors totaling 280,000 square feet and will house 850 employees in the building. The 13-story building at 1007 N. Market St. totals 316,000 square feet and is owned by Buccini Pollin Group.
The 20-month project was part of a larger effort that helped retain one of Wilmington’s largest employers while helping drive the momentum already underway in the city. It has been experiencing more development activity and modest population growth.
Chemours had initiated a multi-state search for a new headquarters and the Philadelphia region was among the locations it was considering. It ended up staying right where it was.