BPG Real Estate Services, LLC., a rapidly growing company, knows that our success begins and ends with our people. Through the efforts of our associates and guided by our values, we transform the communities we serve, striving to exceed the expectations of our tenants, residents and clients. Formed in 1993, BPG is a privately-held, full-service real estate acquisition, development and management company with offices and properties in Washington DC, Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, PA, and Baltimore, MD.
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, ResideBPG was named a Finalist in the 2021 National Apartment Association (NAA) Best Places to Work awards, which recognize member organizations that foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and hard work. Further, the awards pay tribute to management companies and industry suppliers that have gone above and beyond to create safe and engaging work environments despite the challenges of the past year.
At BPG, giving our associates the BPG Experience is a top priority. Join us as a Maintenance Technician.
Performs technical and mechanical work that ensures the inside and external buildings, grounds, amenities, and common areas of the property meet the Company’s standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality by performing maintenance-related tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Completes assigned work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as routine upkeep on the property by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code
- Perform general maintenance on all turnover units and common areas.
- Must be able to perform drywall work, painting and caulking.
- Assist with carpet repairs and cleaning.
- Assist with grounds maintenance, including trash removal, watering and weeding grounds and inclement weather.
- Clean apartments/common area when needed.
- Install/pick up bandit signs.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of shop area.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Superintendent or Property Manager.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which includes taking “call” during evenings, weekends and
- Available on 24-hour call. Must be able to pull call for emergencies by participating in the on call rotation.
- All other duties as required.
- Must be self-motivated, with good communication skills.
- Must be available for after hours emergency maintenance as needed or required.
- Must provide own hand tools unless prohibited by State law and must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment and measuring
- Must possess the ability to lift 100 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Must be able to work independently and possess strong leadership and decision making skills.
- Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with residents, clients, team members, and other business contacts, respond courteously to questions and requests, and stay calm when addressing and resolving customer
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to represent company management in a support capacity, act as first point of contact for internal team members and external visitors to the Company, and answer questions related to department operating
- Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures.
- Prior experience in the field required. Minimum one year experience (electric, carpentry, plumbing, etc)
- High school degree or equivalent is required
- Requires standing and walking. Must be able to bend, stoop, climb ladders, reach, carry objects, and crawl in confined areas.
- Must be able to work both in and outside in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, winds, sleet,etc).
- Rare or regular travel may be required to assist other properties as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this
- Requires frequent operation of maintenance equipment; such as tools, cleaning equipment, etc.
- Frequent stretching and / or bending to access equipment, objects in need of repair, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.