The Property Accountant is responsible for maintaining the books for several properties within BPG’s commercial and residential portfolios. The accountant will take ownership of a wide range of accounting tasks including, but not limited, to journal entries, reconciliations, and issuing financials for each of their properties. This position provides an exciting opportunity to work closely with Asset Management, Property Management, and VPs of Commercial/Residential. Duties require a strong understanding of accounting, and willingness to fulfill project-based tasks as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare journal entries to ensure business transactions are recorded accurately and timely
- Complete general ledger reconciliations in accordance with month-end close schedule
- Prepare and review monthly/quarterly financial statements, including budget to actual variance analysis
- Manage cash schedules to ensure property cash needs are met
- Prepare lender reports monthly, quarterly, and annually for loan compliance
- Assist Asset and Property Managers on all accounting, budgeting, and reporting matters
- Assist external auditors with year-end audits on select properties
- Assist external CPA with annual entity tax returns
- Special projects and other duties as needed.
- Team player who is proactive, self-directed, conscientious, and assumes accountability and responsibility for specific performance and work product
- Must possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize competing deadlines
- Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Problem solving and analytical skills required
- Knowledge of accounting and understanding of general ledger accounts practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience.
- Experience with MRI Software (preferred, but not required)
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and database applications
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment; such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Occasional standing and walking required.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.