BPG Real Estate Services, LLC., a rapidly growing company, knows that our success begins and ends with our people. Through the efforts of our associates and guided by our values, we transform the communities we serve, striving to exceed the expectations of our tenants, residents and clients. Formed in 1993, BPG is a privately-held, full-service real estate acquisition, development and management company with offices and properties in Washington DC, Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, PA, and Baltimore, MD.
At BPG, giving our associates the BPG Experience is a top priority. Join us as a Property Accountant.
The ideal candidate for the Property Accountant job will have experience preparing the financials for commercial and residential properties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and review monthly/quarterly financial statements.
- Prepare journal entries for the GL.
- Perform variance analysis and timely reconciliation of general ledger and balance sheet accounts.
- Assist Asset Manager and Property Management on all accounting, budgeting, reporting, and accounting system matters.
- Assist external auditors with year-end audits on select properties.
- Assist external CPA with annual entity tax returns.
- Prepare lender reports monthly, quarterly, and annually for loan compliance.
- Prepare annual financial budget.
- Cash management.
- Special projects and other duties as needed.
- Must be a team player with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be self-directed.
- Must have strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Must be deadline-oriented, organized, and exhibit problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple deadlines at the same time.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with MRI is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of industry experience.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and database applications
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment; such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Occasional standing and walking required.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.