BPG Real Estate Services, LLC., a rapidly growing company, knows that our success begins and ends with our people. Through the efforts of our associates and guided by our values, we transform the communities we serve, striving to exceed the expectations of our tenants, residents and clients. Formed in 1993, BPG is a privately-held, full-service real estate acquisition, development and management company with offices and properties in Washington DC, Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, PA, and Baltimore, MD.
At BPG, giving our associates the BPG Experience is a top priority. Join us as a Financial Analyst!
|Job Title:||Financial Analyst (Exempt, salaried)|
|Reports To:||Senior Vice President of Asset Management|
The Buccini/Pollin Group is seeking an analyst to work on its Acquisitions, Development, and Capital Markets team. This person will assist in the sourcing, underwriting, and analysis of the firm’s transactions. The Analyst will work directly with senior executives to contribute meaningfully across all aspects of acquisition and capital markets processes. The Analyst can expect to assume a great deal of responsibility and gain significant exposure to all sides of the commercial real estate business, interfacing with both internal and external teams in construction, leasing, finance, and marketing. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong interest in real estate, along with technical proficiency and an ability to learn quickly and adapt to new challenges.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Underwrite new acquisition and recapitalization opportunities
- Create, maintain, and update financial models using Excel and Argus
- Assist in closing process for new debt and equity capitalizations
- Prepare offering memorandums to be utilized with potential equity investors and lending institutions
- Research and analyze market data
- Assist with financial, market, and property level due diligence
- Develop a working knowledge of abstracts, leases, loan documents, partnership agreements, and other related documents.
- Review and analyze third party reports
- Other duties as assigned
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, experience in Argus Enterprise is a plus
- Strong academic performance concentrating in finance, real estate, or economics
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor Degree in finance, accounting, statistics, business administration or another related field
- 1-3 years of experience in commercial real estate finance preferred
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment; such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.