“BPG’s recent acquisition of the beautifully renovated Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place reflects the continued success of our strategy of acquiring newly renovated, premier-branded, full-service hotels in key business markets across the US,” said Dave Pollin, co-founder, BPG. “With strong marketing and management, we believe this hotel has excellent upside. We now own and operate twenty-six hotels with several other acquisitions and development projects in the works.
“The Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place is the only full-service, first-class hotel in the mainland market. It is centrally located just one-mile from the Melbourne International Airport; the surrounding aerospace industry’s booming Space Coast industrial base; Melbourne’s beautiful beaches; and multiple nearby youth sports complexes. The property also benefits from its sophisticated style, many recreational amenities, including tennis and basketball courts, and Hilton’s world-class global distribution system.”
Other hotel highlights over the past year for The Buccini/Pollin Group and PM Hotel Group include:
• Completed construction on the 310-room Embassy Suites Midtown Manhattan, the only Embassy Suites in New York City, opening January 17, 2018.
• Acquired the 238-room DoubleTree by Hilton Wilmington, Del.
• Broke ground on the 260-room Virgin Hotels Nashville, Tenn., in partnership with Virgin Hotels and founder Richard Branson.
• Acquired the HOTEL DU PONT, the historic, Four Diamond, Grande Dame in the heart of Wilmington, Del.
• Acquired the Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel, a 302-room, recently renovated hotel in dynamic Irving, Texas, epicenter of the Dallas Metroplex.
• Completed more than $30 million in renovations, upgrades and repositioning, including: a complete reimagining of the 353-room Sheraton Raleigh Hotel in N.C.; opening the first Renaissance Hotel in downtown Philadelphia; and an addition and comprehensive renovation of the Fairfield Inn by Marriott King of Prussia, Pa.
• Nearing completion of the 177-room Canopy by Hilton Hotel Washington, D.C. – Bethesda North, opening in February, 2018.
• Nearing completion of the 153-room Canopy by Hilton Portland, Ore. – Pearl District in April, 2018.