This job is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The Third-Party Residential Property Manager is responsible for obtaining and retaining occupancy for their assigned property. The person who assumes this role will also be responsible for administrative duties to include reviewing financial statements and analyzing revenue for the property and the 3rd party owner. They will assist with leasing, closing sales, and driving team to reach goals. This person acts as a liaison for the management company and the owner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain current market and neighborhood information to ensure relative pricing of Property and work with Residential Marketing Manager to develop marketing and advertising programs to maximize market position. Become personally familiar with area comparables and retail/commercial businesses. Plan a minimum of four quarterly resident functions as necessary and attend.
- Confirm that a 50% sales closing ratio is consistently attempted and that all staff members are selling, pre-selling and renewing whenever possible. Approve all lease paperwork daily; applications, move-ins, move-outs, renewals, etc. Ensure all move-ins are walked with the resident and satisfaction is achieved. Perform the duties of Leasing Consultant as needed.
- Complete all required weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports in a thorough and timely fashion. Administer office work flow in the most efficient and productive manner.
- Approve all invoices for goods or services totaling $500 or less received and put in your Property Folder located in the Purchasing Office. Ensure invoices are posted as received; adhere to the accounting calendar. Review vendor statements monthly cross checking invoices posted as opposed to postings in the accounting system. Review Budget Comparison to ensure reoccurring contract invoices are posted accurately in the budget. Utilize and understand the accounts payable system and instruct all office personnel in its use.
- Adhere to budget constraints and execute necessary adjustments relating to income and expense. Active participation in budget process as necessary.
- Recognize reoccurring contracts expirations; work with the Regional Facilities Manager and submit new contracts to Manager.
- Maintain strict rent and NSF collection program, using company policy and legal limitations. Maximize fair security deposit deductions from vacating residents, walking all move-outs and assigning legal deposit deductions. Be thoroughly familiar with the on-site rent-roll accounting system so as to perform, instruct and correct all functions as needed. Represent the Property in legal matters regarding resident issues.
- Maintain safety and/or OSHA compliance. Review status of daily Property maintenance needs with Maintenance Supervisor, including scheduling of make-readies and staff work assignments.
- Administer the company & owner policies and procedures as they pertain to the site operations. This includes but is not limited to the Property Management Agreement, On-Site Accounting, Operations, Maintenance and Human Resource Policy Manuals.
- Physically inspect all common areas of the Property to ensure its peak readiness and appearance taking immediate action to unsatisfactory appearance problems.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Must present a neat, professional and positive image at all times.
- Previous third party management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the current market.
- Superior communication and organizational skills required.
- Assertive character traits with the ability to close sales.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours/days/weekends and travel to other company properties.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and be detail oriented with procedures and paperwork.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must be accurate with all owner and company reports
- Requires PA Real Estate Agent’s License. CAM certification is suggested. CPM a plus.
- A high school education required .
- Some college experienced preferred.
- 3+ years of proven, measurable property performance.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, MRI software experience a plus.
- Requires standing, walking, climbing steps and sitting.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment, such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.