BPG Real Estate Services, LLC., a rapidly growing company, knows that our success begins and ends with our people. Through the efforts of our associates and guided by our values, we transform the communities we serve, striving to exceed the expectations of our tenants, residents and clients. Formed in 1993, BPG is a privately-held, full-service real estate acquisition, development and management company with offices and properties in Washington DC, Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, PA, and Baltimore, MD.
At BPG, giving our associates the BPG Experience is a top priority. Join us as a Staff Accountant!
|Job Title:||Staff Accountant, Operating (Exempt, salaried)|
|Reports To:||Property Controller|
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily reconciliation of cash across all operating bank accounts, including logging into bank accounts every morning and investigating any reconciliation discrepancies.
- Reconcile all cash accounts, investigate and cure all uncleared checks beyond 90 days.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying accounts receivables’ data.
- Prepare and post journal entries for the GL. All journal entries must be properly supported.
- Monitor and review sales transactions daily. Post sales transactions regularly.
- Generate check requests.
- Enter, pay and direct invoices.
- Generate and process check runs.
- Track, process and record debt service.
- Ensure payroll and other operating expenses have properly posted to the general ledger.
- Perform variance analysis and timely reconciliation of general ledger and balance sheet accounts, investigating variances.
- Prepare monthly operating reports.
- Assist with preparation of annual financial budget.
- Post any third-party activity to accounting system.
- Work with the project managers to ensure accuracy of the records.
- Assist with credit card processing.
- Assist with generating year end workpapers, assist in audit process as necessary.
- Additional tasks as needed in support of the Property Controller.
- Demonstrated superior Microsoft Excel skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to conduct financial analysis and research with minimal guidance.
- Must be able to analyze situations, identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in a professional manner when dealing with employees, vendors, and company contacts.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and be accurate in composing and proofing materials.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of accounting and understanding of general ledger account practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred or at least two years of related experience.
- Restaurant or operations accounting background desired.
- Excellent working knowledge of all MS-Office products, particularly Excel.
- Experience with MRI/QuickBooks/Xero software is strongly preferred.
- Experience with AvidXchange is preferred.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment; such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
- Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week
- Ability to work in an office setting in an independent and proficient manner
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.