The Residential Property Manager is responsible for obtaining and retaining occupancy for their assigned properties. The person who assumes this role will also be responsible for administrative duties to include reviewing financial statements, achieving budget goals and analyzing revenue for the property. They will oversee leasing, and be responsible for driving their team to reach goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete all required weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports in a thorough and timely fashion. Administer office workflow in the most efficient and productive manner.
- Work within monthly budget and ensure that all purchases/expenses are accounted for in the appropriate month
- Maintain current market and neighborhood information to ensure relative pricing of properties and work with Residential Marketing Manager to develop marketing and advertising programs to maximize market position. Become personally familiar with area comparables and retail/commercial businesses. Plan and attend one resident happy hour per month.
- Confirm that a 50% sales closing ratio is consistently attempted and that all staff members are selling, pre-selling and renewing whenever possible. Approve all lease paperwork daily; applications, move-ins, move-outs, renewals, etc. Ensure all move-ins are walked with the resident and satisfaction is achieved. Perform the duties of Leasing Consultant as needed.
- Approve all invoices for goods or services. Ensure invoices are posted as received and that the invoices have the correct month and amount while checking that the invoices are for services rendered. Review Budget Comparison to ensure reoccurring contract invoices are posted accurately in the budget. Utilize and understand the accounts payable system and instruct all office personnel in its use.
- Collaborate with Maintenance Supervisor, Residential Regional Director, Director of Residential Facilities and VP of Residential Operations to create annual budget.
- Recognize reoccurring contracts expirations; work with appropriate Maintenance personnel and submit new contracts for signature accordingly.
- Maintain strict rent and NSF collection program, using company policy and legal limitations. Follow procedure for late letters, court filings and collections. Property Manager is responsible for representing property in court when necessary.
- Complete all security deposit returns within timeline specified by DE/Landlord Tenant Code. Ensure fair security deposit deductions from vacating residents, walk all move-outs to ensure that property recoups expenses incurred.
- Maintain safety and/or OSHA compliance. Review status of daily Property maintenance needs with Maintenance Supervisor, including scheduling of make-readies and staff work assignments.
- Administer the company policies and procedures as they pertain to the site operations. This includes but is not limited to the On-Site Accounting, Operations, Maintenance and Human Resource Policy Manuals.
- Physically inspect all common areas of the Property to ensure its peak readiness and appearance taking immediate action to unsatisfactory appearance problems.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Must present a neat, professional and positive image at all times.
- Superior communication and organizational skills required.
- Assertive character traits with the ability to close sales.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours/days/weekends and travel to other company properties.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and be detail oriented with procedures and paperwork.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- CAM certification is suggested. CPM a plus.
- A high school education required .
- Some college experienced preferred.
- 3+ years of proven, measurable property performance.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, MRI software experience a plus.
- Requires standing, walking, sitting, and occasionally climbing stairs.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment, such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
Assistant Property Managers, Leasing Consultants
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.