The Residential Lease Up Manager is responsible for meeting and maintaining occupancy goals for their assigned property. The person who assumes this role will also be responsible for administrative duties to include reviewing financial statements and analyzing revenue for the property. They will assist with leasing, closing sales, and driving team to reach goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work with Construction to ensure that turnover is completed on schedule as well as to the standard set in place. Ensure that punch list is completed upon turnover.
• Closely monitor and make suggestions on lease up concessions based off of the budgeted amounts and maximizing potential traffic and income.
• Maintain current market and neighborhood information to ensure relative pricing of Property and work with Residential Marketing Manager to develop marketing and advertising programs to maximize market position. Become personally familiar with area comparables and retail/commercial businesses. Plan a minimum of quarterly resident functions as necessary and attend.
• Confirm that a 50% sales closing ratio is consistently attempted and that all staff members are selling, pre-selling and renewing whenever possible. Approve all lease paperwork daily; applications, move-ins, move-outs, renewals, etc. Ensure all move-ins are walked with the resident and satisfaction is achieved. Perform the duties of Leasing Consultant as needed.
• Complete all required weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports in a thorough and timely fashion. Administer office work flow in the most efficient and productive manner.
• Hire staff according to absorption schedule.
• Approve all invoices for goods or services for the entire Property. Ensure invoices are posted as received; adhere to the accounting calendar. Review vendor statements monthly crosschecking invoices posted as opposed to postings in the accounting system. Review Budget Comparison to ensure reoccurring contract invoices are posted accurately in the budget. Utilize and understand the accounts payable system and instruct all office personnel in its use.
• Adhere to budget constraints and execute necessary adjustments relating to income and expense. Active participation in budget process as necessary.
• Set-up new contracts needed for property including elevator, fire/life safety, landscaping, etc. Recognize reoccurring contracts expirations; work with the Regional Facilities Manager and submit new contracts to Manager.
• Maintain strict rent and NSF collection program, using company policy and legal limitations. Maximize fair security deposit deductions from vacating residents, walking all move-outs and assigning legal deposit deductions. Be thoroughly familiar with the on-site rent-roll accounting system so as to perform, instruct and correct all functions as needed. Represent the Property in legal matters regarding resident issues.
• Maintain safety and/or OSHA compliance. Review status of daily Property maintenance needs with Maintenance Supervisor, including scheduling of make-readies and staff work assignments.
• Administer the company policies and procedures as they pertain to the site operations. This includes but is not limited to the On-Site Accounting, Operations, Maintenance and Human Resource Policy Manuals.
• Physically inspect all common areas of the Property to ensure its peak readiness and appearance taking immediate action to unsatisfactory appearance problems.
• Ensure that enough traffic is being attained by the Property by working with Marketing as well as the Regional Property Manager. Identify, troubleshoot and anticipate issues leading to slower leasing.
• Ensure that outreach is being done in the appropriate areas based off of where we anticipate our traffic coming from for the particular Property.
• Perform other reasonable duties as assigned.
• Lease up experience a plus.
• Must present a neat, professional and positive image at all times.
• Superior sales and leasing skills required.
• Assertive character traits with the ability to close sales.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours/days/weekends and travel to other company properties.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and be detail oriented with procedures and paperwork.
• Must be able to work well in a team environment.
• May require Real Estate Agent’s License. CAM certification is suggested. CPM a plus.
• A high school education is required.
• Some college experienced preferred.
• 3+ years of proven, measurable property performance, meets and/or surpasses goals
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, MRI software experience a plus.
• Requires standing, walking, and sitting.
• Requires frequent operation of office equipment; such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
• Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
• Occasional standing and walking required.
Leasing Staff, Maintenance Staff
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.