This position is located in Wilmington, DE
The Custodian is responsible for performing custodial duties, minor maintenance and other miscellaneous duties in order to ensure that buildings and facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Clean and care for building and facilities in order to ensure they are maintained in a safe and healthy manner.
- Clean offices and recreational facilities
- Mop tile and concrete floor areas
- Vacuum all carpeted areas
- Dust all furniture and fixtures as required
- Wash and disinfect all washroom floors, toilets, toilet seats, hand dryers and fixtures
- Clean all mirrors
- Replenish toilet tissue and soap as needed
- Empty all waste baskets and garbage cans
- Place garbage in outside storage bin
- Clean entrance and exit including glass, doors and hardware
- Keep outside area near exit and entrance clear of snow, cans, paper, etc.
- Wash all finger marks from walls, doors, hardware and glass
- Perform and/or report minor maintenance repairs
- Clean kitchen sinks and counters
- Report damages and acts of vandalism
- Spot clean walls and toilet partitions if necessary
(Attached checklist will be required to use as a daily worksheet and turned into supervisor at end of shift.)
- Maintain storage areas and cleaning equipment, materials and supplies in a safe and orderly manner in order to ensure the safety of staff and to the public.
- Secure storage areas
- Ensure cleaning materials and supplies are stored in a safe and orderly manner
- Maintain adequate supply of cleaning materials and supplies
- Restock materials and supplies as necessary
- Make note of the need for equipment repairs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemical products and equipment
- Knowledge of the Workplace hazardous Materials Information System
- Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products
- Problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must be able to work with little supervision
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to spend the majority of the work day standing, lifting heavy objects, operating medium weight cleaning equipment, moving furniture, sweeping and mopping.
- Required to do a great deal of stretching and bending, often in awkward positions.
- Required to maintain strict confidentiality of related resident and leasing office information.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience is a must.
- Requires standing and walking.
- Requires frequent operation of maintenance equipment; such as tools, cleaning equipment, etc.
- Frequent stretching and / or bending to access equipment, objects in need of repair, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.