BPG Real Estate Services LLC., a rapidly growing company, knows that our success begins and ends with our people. Through the efforts of our associates and guided by our values, we transform the communities we serve, striving to exceed the expectations of our tenants, residents and clients. Formed in 1993, BPG is a privately-held, full-service real estate acquisition, development and management company with offices in Washington DC and Wilmington, DE.
At BPG, giving our associates the BPG Experience is a top priority. Join us as a Paralegal.
Under the direction of BPG’s legal team, the Paralegal assists with complex real estate transactions and related work, including acquisitions, dispositions, development, finance, leasing, management and general corporate matters. The Paralegal also assists with the operation of BPG’s title insurance company.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare entity organizational docs (certificates/agreements/organizational charts)
- Obtain EINs
- Prepare W-9s
- Order good standing certificates
- Prepare incumbency certificates
- Prepare resolutions and consents
- Act as closing coordinator; oversee due diligence/closing checklists
- Order/review UCC and lien searches
- Order/review surveys
- Order zoning letters
- Obtain insurance certificates
- Coordinate loan payoffs
- Prepare closing binders
- Prepare KYC submissions
- Oversee SNDAs and estoppel certificates
- Assist with leases and amendments
- Assist with easement and license agreements
- Assist with management and brokerage agreements
- Assist with parking agreements
- Assist with non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements
- Manage approvals of legal invoices
- Maintain insurance claims records
- Maintain condominium and maintenance association records
- Assist with closing opinions and audit response letters
- Coordinate claims with insurance company
- Track litigation and maintain litigation summary
- Draft responses to interrogatories and requests for production
- Oversee independent director and springing member services
- Maintain legal department files (surveys/org docs/etc.)
- Maintain title insurance files and ledgers
- Prepare/submit remittances to title insurer
- Order title searches, closing protection letters, etc.
- Review/clear title exceptions
- Review title commitments and policies
- Review legal descriptions
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have (or be able to obtain) a Notary Public commission
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong working knowledge of all MS Office products
- Paralegal Certificate required
- Prior experience in real estate strongly preferred.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and/or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Occasional standing and walking required.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.