To assist the Property manager in achieving their goals through maintaining the physical asset within the parameters set forth in the operating budget.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for training and supervision of maintenance staff and participating in hiring process.
- Responsible for unit turns, refurbishing and inspection of apartments prior to resident occupancy. Daily update of schedule and status reporting.
- Responsible for overall general appearance of property, interior and exterior.
- Ensure completion of all resident work orders and provide Property Manager daily updates.
- Schedule maintenance personnel and work order requests, adhering to maintenance priorities.
- Responsible for stock control and utilization of maintenance materials. Provide orders and quotes to Property Manager and/or Facilities Director for purchasing.
- Schedule, monitor and keep accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, work orders, apartment refurbishing, inventories and stock.
- Complete move-in, move-out apartment inspections with residents.
- Responsible for keeping MSDA logs updated.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Assess and perform heating and air conditioning related repairs.
- Perform light electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, etc.
- Perform light plumbing work such as clearing stoppages, replacing fittings, etc.
- Replace broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, draperies, locks.
- Paint interior / exterior as needed.
- Perform carpentry work such as fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing and building shelves.
- Repair concrete, masonry, roof, fencing when required.
- Assist with grounds work when necessary.
- Assist in custodial work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, trash removal, cleaning windows, etc. in the common areas.
- Participate in a standby emergency schedule for evening, weekend and holiday coverage.
- Assist in and manage snow removal when necessary.
- Devote full work effort toward fulfillment of property obligations as requested by Property Manager.
- Walk the property with Property Manager once per week.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds.
- Assist in the selection and supervise contractors providing building services such as painting, window cleaning, trash chute cleaning, landscaping, etc.
- Supervise vendors providing contract repairs to ensure work is completed in a timely, cost effective, and professional manner.
- Inspect, perform light repairs, and arrange for contract maintenance on building systems such as boilers, heaters, fire standpipes, fire alarms, emergency generators, etc.
- Supervise capital projects as directed by the Property Manager.
- Project a professional demeanor at all times through appearance and behavior. Promote positive customer relations.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Must have excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and be accurate in composing and proofing materials.
- Must have strong communications skills both written and oral.
- Must have strong leadership and decision making skills.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must be computer literate with prior experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must have 24/7 availability to respond to emergencies and provide support to on call staff and vendors
- High school diploma required.
- OSHA certification.
- EPA certification for handling of refrigerants.
- Previous management as a Maintenance Supervisor or Manager.
- 5+ years of experience in the maintenance field required.
- HVAC Universal is a plus
- Requires standing and walking.
- Requires frequent operation of maintenance equipment; such as tools, cleaning equipment, etc.
- Frequent stretching and / or bending to access equipment, objects in need of repair, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.