BPG Real Estate Services, LLC., a rapidly growing company, knows that our success begins and ends with our people. Through the efforts of our associates and guided by our values, we transform the communities we serve, striving to exceed the expectations of our tenants, residents and clients. Formed in 1993, BPG is a privately held, full-service real estate acquisition, development and management company with offices and properties in Washington DC, Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, PA, and Baltimore, MD.
At BPG, giving our associates the BPG Experience is a top priority. Join us as a Payroll and Benefits Coordinator.
|Job Title:||Payroll and Benefits Coordinator (Non-exempt, hourly)|
|Reports To:||Assistant Human Resources Manager|
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers various payroll duties including:
- Responsible for processing payroll for all associates, including food and beverage departments
- Transmitting changes requested by associates, including, but not limited to updating direct deposit, updating withholdings, timecards, spending account contributions, etc.
- Reviewing payroll information and double checking for accuracy in a timely fashion
- All payroll tax compliance; set up local tax jurisdiction, reconcile discrepancies, etc.
- Ensuring payroll reports are distributed as needed
- Responsible for managing internal process for payroll checks and balances
- 401k/Benefit administration:
- Ensure active associates are enrolled in a timely manner
- Accurate posting of payroll contributions for 401k and HSA
- Process midyear changes, and resolve coverage issues
- Ensuring enrollment paperwork is received in a timely manner, checked for accuracy, transmitted to vendor and filed
- Notify COBRA administrator in regards to benefit eligible termed associates
- Enroll COBRA participants in ADP and benefits providers as needed
- Benefit orientation; employee education of full benefit product offerings (medical, dental, vision, 401K, life products, flex saving, and ADP LifeMart)
- Address associates benefit questions/issues
- Manage open enrollment preparation
- ACA administration: monthly review of ACA notifications in ADP, ensure associates are informed of eligibility status in a timely basis
- Submitting, reviewing and reconcile the monthly bill to ensure accuracy
- Maintain working relationship with benefits broker team
- Maintain working relationship with BPG accounting team
- Termination process; terminate associates in Fidelity, process in ADP, ensure accuracy of final pay, exit survey
- Answers associate questions and investigates issues related to payroll and benefits by contacting the appropriate representative and following up to see problem is resolved in a timely manner
- Other functions including:
- Responding to employment verifications
- ADP HRIS management; maintain and update the benefit module in ADP and create complex human resources reports
- Monthly reports for benefit invoices.
- Associate engagement (assist w/events, birthday/anniversary celebrations, bagel day, Day of Service, Bring Your Daughters/Sons to Work Day, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Communication Skills: Proven written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work successfully as an individual and on a team
- A working knowledge of Human Resource functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively and courteously with a diverse group of internal and external contacts.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office 365.
- Requires analytical and organizational skills necessary to handle complex inquiries and attempt to resolve them in a quick and efficient manner.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business administration or other related field required.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in the human resources, specifically payroll and benefits administration.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now strongly preferred.
- Intermediate (vlookups, pivot tables, basic excel formulas, etc.) excel skills strongly preferred.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment; such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Occasional standing and walking required.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.