BPG Real Estate Services, LLC., a rapidly growing company, knows that our success begins and ends with our people. Through the efforts of our associates and guided by our values, we transform the communities we serve, striving to exceed the expectations of our tenants, residents, and clients. Formed in 1993, BPG is a privately-held, full-service real estate acquisition, development and management company with offices and properties in Washington DC, Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, PA, and Pittsburgh, PA.
At BPG, giving our associates the BPG Experience is a top priority. Join us as the Development Staff Accountant!
This position is responsible for handling the day-to-day accounting operations for the projects that are currently or soon to be under construction and renovation throughout the BPG portfolio. The Development Staff Accountant will be communicating with lenders and auditors as required by the construction loans as well as upper management when needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process invoices into MRI
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries to the GL
- Complete monthly check runs
- Prepare monthly lender draws for funding requests
- Cash Management
- Perform variance analysis and timely reconciliation of general ledger and balance sheet accounts
- Monitor the debt service
- Assist external auditors with year-end audits
- Assist external CPA with annual entity tax returns
- Prepare cash flow projections as needed
- Communicate with lenders and varying internal departments as needed
- Special projects and other duties as needed
- Advanced Experience in Excel
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and relationship skills, with the demonstrated ability to deal effectively with associates at all levels, vendors, clients, and any other outside party
- Experience in MRI Software & AvidXchange recommended, but not required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands
- Must exercise time management skills and be detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field strongly preferred.
- 2+ years of education in Accounting
- 1+ years of employment or internships in an Accounting field
- Requires prolonged sitting
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment, such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.