The Courier is responsible for distributing and delivering packages, interoffice mail, bank deposits, and other miscellaneous items in a timely and safe manner for the BPG and its affiliate companies. The Courier will act as a brand ambassador and is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all parties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily delivery of the mail to the Post Office.
- Delivering inter-office mail, documents, and/or checks to BPG properties (including North Wilmington, Newark, and occasionally PA properties).
- Daily pick up/delivery of bank deposits for designated locations.
- Ad hoc pick ups/deliveries as requested.
- Establish an efficient morning delivery/pick up route to ensure that each property’s needs are met.
- Pick up/deliver items and orders for designated office staff and/or staff events.
- Maintain company vehicle including:
- Provide upkeep to contribute to the inside and outside cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Conduct regular inspections of the vehicle and report anything out of the ordinary.
- Ensures that company vehicle receives basic service according to maintenance schedule; reports larger service needs and mechanical issues to supervisor.
- Timely communication of issues in regards to pick ups/deliveries, car maintenance, etc. to the assigner of the task.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must possess a valid Driver License, clean driving record and personal automobile insurance.
- Ability to drive safely, particularly when using navigation tools such as GPS, smartphone apps, and/or web-based or physical maps.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to communicate effectively and efficiently with a diverse group of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently, multitask and use judgement to prioritize workload without constant supervision.
- Ability to work successfully as an individual and on a team.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must have prior experience with using Microsoft Outlook (email) and other smartphone technology
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior customer service experience required.
- Prior delivery and/our courier service strongly preferred.
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Frequent sitting.
- Requires frequent operation of equipment; such as a vehicle, computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.