BPG Real Estate Services, LLC., a rapidly growing company, knows that our success begins and ends with our people. Through the efforts of our associates and guided by our values, we transform the communities we serve, striving to exceed the expectations of our tenants, residents and clients. Formed in 1993, BPG is a privately-held, full-service real estate acquisition, development and management company with offices and properties in Washington DC, Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, PA, and Baltimore, MD.
At BPG, giving our associates the BPG Experience is a top priority. Join us as a Corporate Accountant.
|Job Title:||Corporate Accountant (Exempt, salary)|
|Reports To:||Controller of Real Estate Services|
The Corporate Accountant is responsible for a wide range of accounting activities, such as journal entries, reconciliations, and billings, that assist in maintaining the books for BPG’s Corporate Division (BPG Real Estate Services). Duties will require a basic understanding of accounting, and willingness to fulfill project-based tasks as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare journal entries to ensure business transactions are recorded accurately and timely
- Complete general ledger reconciliations in accordance with month-end close schedule
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of bank reconciliations
- Maintain corporate revenue streams by spearheading billbacks to properties and recording accounts receivable
- Manage cash schedule to ensure corporate cash needs are met
- Assist with funding and journalizing bi-weekly payroll
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements, including budget to actual variance analysis
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Special projects and other duties, as needed
- Team player who is proactive, self-directed, conscientious, and assumes accountability and responsibility for specific performance and work product
- Must possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize competing deadlines
- Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently
- Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Problem solving and analytical skills required
- Knowledge of accounting and understanding of general ledger accounts practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 2-4 years of accounting work experience
- Experience with MRI (preferred, but not required)
- Requires prolonged sitting
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment, such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Occasional standing and walking required
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.