BPG Real Estate Services, LLC., a rapidly growing company, knows that our success begins and ends with our people. Through the efforts of our associates and guided by our values, we transform the communities we serve, striving to exceed the expectations of our tenants, residents and clients. Formed in 1993, BPG is a privately-held, full-service real estate acquisition, development and management company with offices and properties in Washington DC, Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, PA, and Baltimore, MD.
At BPG, giving our associates the BPG Experience is a top priority. Join us as a Commercial Building Maintenance Assistant.
|Job Title:||Commercial Building Maintenance Assistant (Non-Exempt, hourly)|
|Reports To:||Property Manager or Chief Building Engineer|
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete daily lighting inspections, replacing bulbs and fluorescent tubes as necessary. Remove old lighting bulbs and tubes and disposed of them in accordance with standard property procedures.
- Perform general maintenance duties, which include:
- Remove trash or litter from common areas, parking lots, designated tenant areas, building exterior, and grounds
- Sweep sidewalks and driveways
- Replace burned out lights
- Clean spills in common areas
- Complete paint touch-ups and assist with cosmetic repairs
- Provide support to third-party contractors engaged in landscaping or maintenance duties
- Identify and report maintenance problems or physical hazards to supervisor
- Monitor parking, reporting or tagging vehicles when necessary
- Open and close one or more buildings each day.
- Deliver newspapers to tenants if needed
- Monitor building temperatures, making necessary adjustments as dictated by temperatures, tenant requirements, etc.
- Respond to tenant trouble calls or requests for assistance.
- Provide safety services in inclement weather: shovel snow; spread salt on walkways to assist with footing and reduce ice build-up; position caution signs or cones in rain-slick traffic areas, etc.
- Record maintenance and repair information in accordance with guidelines established by management direction or policy/procedure.
- Assist Building Maintenance Technicians with duties as permitted by schedule.
- Maintain positive working relationships with tenants, responding to requests and issues in a timely, professional, and courteous manner.
- Maintain productivity-enhancing communications and working relationships with co-workers and management.
- Maintain productivity-enhancing communications and working relationships with third-party contractors and suppliers.
- Attend meetings as directed by the Property Manager or Chief Building Engineer. These may include training sessions led by Chief Building Engineer to increase job-appropriate knowledge and skills, safety orientations, and scheduled staff meetings. Meetings may also include outside training at the direction of management.
- Respond to after-hours emergency calls.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Must be available for after-hours emergency maintenance as needed or required.
- Must possess the ability to perform the physical demands of the job responsibilities:
- Lifting objects up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent standing, walking and kneeling
- Occasional climbing, working from a ladder and balancing.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritized multiple tasks and demands.
- Must be able to work independently possess decision making skills.
- Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at levels of an organization, tenants and subcontractors.
- Possess valid state-issued driver’s license needed to travel to adjacent properties or to respond to after-hours trouble calls. Must be insurable at all times during employment tenure.
- Utilize basic PC-based business software, including Microsoft products for word processing and email. Use systems tools for maintaining service records
- Exhibit excellent customer-service orientation in responding to tenant requests.
- Display follow-through in carrying out directions from management.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills in relations with co-workers
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of one year of successful experience in commercial or institutional buildings is preferred.
- Requires standing and walking.
- Requires frequent operation of maintenance equipment; such as tools, cleaning equipment, etc.
- Frequent stretching and / or bending to access equipment, objects in need of repair, cleaning.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.