The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting with the general administrative functions and physical operations of the property (or properties). They will assist with initiatives to properly facilitate efficient mechanical operations, adequate property cleanliness and the implementation of preventative maintenance programs to ensure preservation and upkeep of the property and equipment. They will be responsible for maintaining good tenant relations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with and provides direction and guidance to the engineering staff, assigns work priorities and assesses equipment repair as needed.
- Regularly inspects tenant spaces, interior and exterior common areas and building maintenance storerooms, utility rooms and rooftop areas to ensure cleanliness and proper grounds maintenance. Consults with janitorial supervisor or cleaning contractor regarding deficiencies.
- Performs thorough inspections of the building(s) and grounds, noting physical appearance of property, deferred maintenance, and other related data. Submits inspection report based upon observations, noting specific locations, conditions, and recommendations for corrective action.
- Assists the Property Manager with evaluating employee performances; conducts employer-employee critiques; and provides or requests training programs as needed.
- Establish a working relationship with the building tenants. Maintain contact through occasional office visits and telephone calls. Meets all new tenants prior to occupancy.
- Maintains basic administrative files and records relevant to building operations and tenants. Prepares written reports as required by operating procedures for building and other incidental correspondence which is pertinent to management operations. Maintains files containing written records of maintenance services, equipment inventory, operating manuals, general supply and parts inventory and a library consisting of pertinent data relating to operating equipment, building fixtures and updated tenant drawings and plans.
- Prepares, maintains and controls related budgeted operating expenses associated with respective properties.
- When and if the need arises, the manager will be expected to devote extra time to building operations and to perform physical operational tasks.
- Project a professional demeanor at all times through appearance and behavior. Promote positive customer relations.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Must have excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and be accurate in composing and proofing materials.
- Must have strong communications skills both written and oral.
- Must have strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must be computer literate with prior experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- High school diploma required.
- Some college or level of higher education preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in commercial property management required.
- Multiple buildings and/or locations desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Requires sitting, standing, and walking.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment; such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Regular lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.