The COO, Food and Beverage directs all food and beverage operations at the company’s various venues with a goal of attaining the financial objectives of the business through effective management of people, product, service and facility processes, including a focus on the revenue and profit components.
The COO, Food and Beverage is tasked with ensuring that each venue is financially and operationally sound and delivers on excellent products and services.
Duties & Responsibilities
Oversee and steer financial and operational decisions for food and beverage venues, including but not limited to:
- Fulfill all internal and external financial reporting requirements.
- Continuously assess and reassess overall venue performance and needs, identifying priorities and objectives and implementing strategies to improve operations, financial performance and customer experience.
- Ensure appropriate cost control and reporting technology is implemented and used.
- Present monthly reporting package to Owners and President on a monthly basis.
- Create and present annual budgets.
- Implement improved processes and management methods to generate a higher ROI and workflow optimization.
- Understand key revenue drivers and identify any room for improvement.
- Make decisions on how to operate the business from both a guest and financial standpoint.
- Collaborate with Owners and President in setting and driving organizational vision and operational strategy.
- Work with the accounting and asset management teams to ensure appropriate controls and reporting are in place.
Collaborate with F&B Management to establish and develop high-performance teams across all venues to deliver outstanding service and meet all goals, including but not limited to:
- Understand and enforce the details of the operation, including all food and beverage as well as service standards.
- Quickly identify and remediate when a standard is not being met, through effective and aggressive leadership.
- Determine accountabilities and enforce policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the onboarding and training process for all new direct-reports.
- Works with all management teams to increase guest counts and revenues and develop loyal guest base.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team on all marketing plans to help develop a marketing strategy and develop strong local marketing program.
- Ensure that all associates receive robust and material annual performance reviews.
Work with the Development and Construction teams to make certain that new venues are prepared for opening, including but not limited to:
- All designs for new venues are operationally sound.
- All pre-operating items for new venues are identified and planned for, such as inventory, POS and smallwares.
- New venues have an approved budget in place.
- Ensure all aspects of marketing materials are curated and distributed appropriately.
- Direct process for procuring appropriate certificates and licenses.
Ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
- Ensure Department of Labor/Health Department compliance as it pertains to the operation.
- Teach and hold associates accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary.
- Ensure that the Payroll process is completed accurately, on time and according to proper business/accounting procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced understanding of how to analyze financial statements, with the ability to use past experiences and knowledge to enhance revenue and minimize costs.
- Organized, self-starter, with the ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to support and inspire a flexible and innovative operating culture.
- Strong understanding of various food, service and beverage programs.
- Must be a strong leader with a solid track record managing multiple operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership and management skills with strong organizational initiative.
- Proficient in multiple POS platforms (Micros, Sling, Toast, etc.) and Inventory Management Systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality Management, Culinary Studies or related field required.
- A minimum of 10 years with General Manager or Senior Manager experience working within the Food and Beverage industry and overseeing multiple venues.
- Prior experience with having full accountability for operational and financial performance required.
- Experience managing multiple venue-types (franchises, high-end concessions, beer gardens, etc…) preferred.
- Must be able to stand, reach with arms and hands, bend and stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Must be able to verbally communicate with associates and vendors at all times.
- Lifting requirements range from 10 to 50lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally work long hours.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.