Wilma’s, a home to boisterous games and dangerously good times, is looking to hire an Assistant General Manager. The restaurant will feature a full-service bar and dining room with New Orleans-inspired dishes, in addition to Wilmington’s first duckpin bowling alley.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Experience in hiring, training, ordering and scheduling.
- Adept at running the restaurant floor.
- Responsible for managing the daily operations of restaurant.
- Strong background with craft beers, craft cocktails, spirits and wine.
- Oversee the proper execution of the cocktail menu
- Possess broad product knowledge and impart such knowledge to staff on regular basis.
- Willingness and desire to fill any gaps in knowledge
- Weekly inventories of all liquor and food.
- Ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience and a consistent high level of service is provided.
- Work to provide an efficient work environment by managing customer and employee complaints, and modifying, creating and/or enforcing procedures and processes in place.
- Respond to complaints, taking all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper staff uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, upholding service standards, cash handling, product quality and daily tasks.
- Retain staff by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results and performance.
- Enforce all standards consistently
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Be a mentor to all staff.
- Marketing experience for restaurants, social media, events.
- Flexibility – there will be a lot that will be asked of you outside of this list.
- Work as part of the management team to navigate the current industry landscape
- Think outside the box for revenue generating ideas and implementation of efficient systems
- A combination of practical experience and education a plus.
- P&L experience
- DABC certification
- ServSafe certification
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and an outgoing personality
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
- A strong attention to detail and ambiance.
- Positive attitude to help maintain an enjoyable work environment.
- Minimum of three years FOH management experience required.
- Prior experience with Toast POS a plus
- Background in either cooking or bartending
- Requires constant standing and walking.
- Ability to work 10 to 12 hour shifts
- Frequent stretching and/or bending to access product.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 165 lbs (Kegs).
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
Uphill Restaurant, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.