BPG Real Estate Services, LLC., a rapidly growing company, knows that our success begins and ends with our people. Through the efforts of our associates and guided by our values, we transform the communities we serve, striving to exceed the expectations of our tenants, residents and clients. Formed in 1993, BPG is a privately-held, full-service real estate acquisition, development and management company with offices and properties in Washington DC, Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, PA, and Baltimore, MD.
At BPG, giving our associates the BPG Experience is a top priority. Join us as an Asset Manager.
|Job Title:||Asset Manager|
|Reports To:||Senior Vice President of Asset Management|
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assume day-to day asset management related responsibilities working directly with members of senior management, finance, accounting, leasing, operations, legal and construction teams.
- Establish one point of contact for asset information, oversight, and decision-making, with the support of senior management.
- Enhance/implement process for tracking asset performance and providing institutional level reporting to the investors on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Primary contact for communication/approvals with lenders and equity partners, as required.
- Analyze and provide recommendations on investment and operational decisions such as lease negotiations, property capitalization strategies, property sales strategies, and capital improvement programs.
- Implement strategies to maximize the financial performance of the assigned assets.
- Coordinate, approve and present annual property budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor overall performance of assigned assets against established goals and approved budgets.
- Complete financial analyses of prospective leasing deals, maintain property Argus files and coordinate lease administration communication flows on assigned assets.
- Complete annual mark-to-market valuation of the portfolio to determine buy/sell/hold recommendation and forecast investor returns.
- Work with property managers and responsible parties on:
- Preparation of annual budgets and business plans for each asset and pool of assets.
- Expense analysis relating to real estate tax appeals, energy conservation, insurance, cleaning, security, etc.
- Establish property capital needs and corresponding costs, and evaluate the impact to cash flows/shortfalls. Oversee implementation and necessary funding.
- Work with accounting team to track funding/completion of capital expenditures and tenant improvement projects.
- Analyze Monthly/Annual Budget vs. Actual individual property and portfolio results:
- Track positive or negative trends and potential issues
- Oversee waterfalls and distributions to investors.
- Continually monitor rollover exposure for effects on value.
- Reinforce lines of communication between property management and senior management to facilitate respective responsibilities, current processes and contribute/assist where possible.
- Create and maintain annual distribution budgets, and track quarterly distributions and provide detailed explanation of variance as applicable.
- Communication with in-house Leasing Managers and agents- attend weekly in-house leasing meetings, as well as periodical third party leasing agent meetings.
- In conjunction with in-house leasing team:
- Establish financial leasing guidelines (term, rate, TIs, LCs) and ensure that prospective lease deals are in-line with projections/underwriting.
- Establish leasing assumptions for annual budgets.
- Review/Analyze lease proposals with Excel or Argus to understand effect on value.
- Continued oversight of lease approvals and the process.
- Directly communicate with lenders and equity partners if lease approval is required.
- Ensure proposed lease approvals or rejections occur in a timely fashion.
- Maintain general knowledge of local market conditions and competition.
- Partner with Capital Markets team on the refinancing and recapitalization of assets with the support of the finance team.
- Track assets and sub-portfolios looking for disposition and financing opportunities.
- Prepare Hold/Sell Analysis.
- Lead efforts with Capital Markets team on loan/partnership restructurings.
- Work with Operations/Accounting to provide a roll-up of monthly financial results for the portfolio.
- Prepare investor reporting and detail performance/trends/highlights.
- Monitor assets with current/potential risk issues.
- Prepare Hold/Sell Analysis – provide guidance for assets on potential dispositions or other significant capital events.
- Prepare Annual Business Plans.
- Maintain portfolio debt schedule and monitor loan expirations in order to manage upcoming maturities and mitigate financing-related risks.
- Lead investor calls and meetings.
- Provide financial support for company semi-annual board meetings.
- Prepare annual mark-to-market asset valuations for possible dispositions/refinancing/capital infusion decisions.
- Provide summary of market valuations – assumptions; period to period comparisons
- Point of contact for communication to any third-party appraisers, providing required information and reviewing draft appraisals.
- Asset Management experience in office and multi-family product in the greater Philadelphia market preferred.
- Currently living in Philadelphia MSA preferred.
- Strong quantitative skills and financial analysis experience.
- Excellent financial and analytic skills and be demonstrated proficiency with financial modeling. Ability to use Excel spreadsheets and Argus to perform return analysis of potential deals/investments. Knowledge of real estate valuation principles and techniques, as they relate to acquisition, renovation, disposition, and financing of real estate assets would be helpful.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Reasoning Ability: Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Communication Skills: Proven written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in ARGUS, MS Word, Excel, and database applications.
- Ability to work successfully as an individual and on a team.
- Experience interacting with lenders and institutional equity investors preferred.
- Expertise in transaction analysis and transaction negotiation/documentation. Proven effective negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration or other related field required.
- Minimum 5-7 years real estate experience.
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment, such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Occasional standing and walking required.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.