BPG Real Estate Services, LLC., a rapidly growing company, knows that our success begins and ends with our people. Through the efforts of our associates and guided by our values, we transform the communities we serve, striving to exceed the expectations of our tenants, residents and clients. Formed in 1993, BPG is a privately-held, full-service real estate acquisition, development and management company with offices and properties in Washington DC, Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, PA, and Baltimore, MD.
At BPG, giving our associates the BPG Experience is a top priority. Join us as an Accounts Payable Specialist.
|Job Title:||Accounts Payable Specialist|
|Reports To:||Accounts Payable Manager|
The Accounts Payable Specialist completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
Duties & Responsibilities
- Verify proper approval and coding of invoices, petty cash and expense reports and enter into the accounting system.
- Resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation with internal customers (ie, purchasing department and co-workers)
- Enter invoices for all assigned BPG properties.
- Scan and attach all invoices to local drive and attach in accounting system.
- Based on – due dates and other vendor considerations, select weekly -utility and priority vendor check runs for approval and processing.
- Preparing checks from selected check runs to vendors upon approval from CFO.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions. Contact vendors to research invoice questions or discrepancies.
- Monitor credits due from vendors.
- Responsible for filing and clerical duties as required.
- Assist property accountants and controller with any requests
- Mail out signed checks to vendors
- Ensure that all policies and procedures related to cash disbursements are followed.
- Assist in identifying improvements to procedures.
- Assist in maintaining accurate vendor file data base
- All other tasks as assigned
- Excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Knowledge of computer general ledger packages desired. Data processing related to accounts payable recordkeeping and reporting required.
- Understanding of theories, principles, and practices of accounting, budgets, finance, and financial recordkeeping.
- Ability to conduct financial analysis and research.
- Must be able to analyze situations, identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the accounting field.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financials.
- Must be able to interact and communicate (orally and in writing) with individuals at all levels of the organization, vendors, and company contacts.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and understanding of general ledger accounts practices.
- 10,000 key strokes per hour on ten key
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting desired or at least three years of related experience..
- Accounts Payable in Property Management and Construction -background desired.
- Good working knowledge of MS-Office, particularly Excel.
- MRI and/or AVID software experience highly preferred
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment; such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Occasional standing and walking required.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.