Corten Real Estate Partners, is the fund management arm of The Buccini/Pollin Group. Corten was formed to institutionalize the capital strategy surrounding BPG’s principal investment activities. The firm harnesses the vertically integrated operating and construction capabilities of BPG in commercial, hospitality and multifamily property to invest directly in middle-market, transitional real estate assets in need of physical or financial repositioning. Corten seeks to invest in subordinate portions of the capital stack in order to generate superior risk-adjusted returns for investors.
Corten is growing and looking to add an Investor Relations professional to our team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute the company’s marketing and sales strategy for its funds, co-investments and other investment vehicles.
- Participate directly in capital raising efforts.
- Establish new and manage existing investor, consultant and third-party distribution relationships.
- Develop, direct and guide client relations policies and procedures.
- Manage the company website and social media efforts.
- Implement and manage a database for the firm’s relationship and investors.
- Develop and implement an ongoing marketing plan, inclusive of:
- Articulating the fund strategy and performance for investors in a clear and concise manner.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with institutional consultants.
- Assisting in the creation of new strategies and/or separate account mandates
- Coordinating existing investor, prospective investor, consultant and intermediary site visits.
- Developing marketing materials, including client presentations and private placement memorandum and marketing pitch books.
- Overseeing the client service delivery by the investor relations team, including responses to inquiries, annual investor meetings, quarterly letters, K-1 distribution, advisory board meetings, capital calls, distributions, investor requests and investor due diligence.
- Representing the company in a variety of capacities designed to raise the identity and attractiveness of the company and its products through industry conferences/events (e.g. PREA, GCM Emerging Manager and VIP) and at prospect/client sponsored events.
- Overseeing and managing the preparation of DDQs, RFPs and questionnaires for prospective investors and consultants.
- Working proactively with consulting firms to expand the firm’s identity and product profile to develop opportunities beyond traditional capital sources.
- Working with senior management to develop strategies for potential new lines of business.
- Giving new business presentations and client review presentations either alone or in conjunction with senior management.
- Creating and maintaining information on targeted prospects and new business opportunities with an organized plan for phone and in-person contact.
- Developing marketing materials for co-investments.
- Assisting (alongside counsel) with legal and regulatory compliance and related matters.
- Participating in side letter negotiations (alongside counsel).
- Facilitating frequent investor discussions and tracking of investment preferences.
- Managing and attending investor events (e.g. dinners, outings, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Capital Strategy / Investor Relations experience within a private equity, real estate or investment management firm, with a focus on capital raising and relationship management.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the capital markets, as well as a thorough understanding of key metrics for companies in the industry.
- Experience partnering and working directly with a senior executive team in a dynamic environment.
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration, marketing, economics or other related field required.
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment, such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Occasional standing and walking required.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.