Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute and oversee junior team members who are executing the underwriting multifamily and commercial real estate acquisitions and recapitalizations.
- Execute on the closing of debt transactions – new and refinancings.
- Mentoring and training of junior team members.
- Ensure appropriate financial models are being used and analyses are accurate and up to date.
- Interact with investment brokers, appraisers, lenders, visit target properties, and oversee market analyses.
- Manage all due diligence activities.
- Act as the liaison between the lenders and the asset management and operations team.
- Mange the lender underwriting process, obtain financing quotes, evaluate financing alternatives and present best possible options to the appropriate members of executive management.
- Review, negotiate and ensure accurate loan documents are properly executed.
- Perform ad hoc financial forecasting, analysis and modeling as needed.
- Prepare investment materials for the Investment Committee, executive management team, and outside investors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field required.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in the real estate capital markets industry required, with primary responsibility being in the lending/financing field.
- Prior experience working with real estate lenders, brokers, appraisers and investors required.
- Prior experience working for a Developer and/or Owners preferred.
- Experience working on multiple financings simultaneously needed.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Argus needed.
- Advanced analysis skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and with a team.
- This position will have Analyst level associates reporting to s/he.
- Must be able to verbally communicate with associates and outside parties.
- Lifting requirements range from 5 to 10lbs no more than 5% of the time.
- Must be able to work long hours, sitting and standing for several hours at a time.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.