BPG Real Estate Services, LLC., a rapidly growing company, knows that our success begins and ends with our people. Through the efforts of our associates and guided by our values, we transform the communities we serve, striving to exceed the expectations of our tenants, residents and clients. Formed in 1993, BPG is a privately-held, full-service real estate acquisition, development and management company with offices and properties in Washington DC, Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, PA, and Baltimore, MD.
At BPG, giving our associates the BPG Experience is a top priority. Join us as a Marketing Intern!
|Job Title:||Social Media Intern (Non-exempt, hourly)|
|Reports To:||Marketing Manager|
The Social Media Intern collaborates with the BPG corporate marketing teams to develop effective strategies for communicating throughout the organization’s numerous robust channels.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with the graphic design and social media team to ensure all outwardly published electronic and print media stays within the brand guidelines.
- Researches and writes original material; edits existing material, including reworking material developed for other outward communications in a way that makes it effective for digital media; proofreads text for electronic media; and monitors new and existing pages for accuracy and timeliness.
- Collaborates with BPG, BPGS Construction, ResideBPG and all other affiliates’ staff to develop and select images, video, and other visual/audio representations
- Works with “information providers” who are authorized to contribute content as part of the organization’s content management system to help ensure that they publish content that meets BPG’s standards for quality and style.
- Monitors and analyzes digital media usage patterns to help ensure that the media is effective in supporting priorities. This work involves collaborating with BPG’s Information Technology and Marketing Department to use applications that measure and monitor campaign effectiveness.
- Assist the Marketing Team with managing all social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and other relevant platforms as the industry continues to evolve.
- Works with the Marketing Team to create dynamic written, graphic and video content
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company websites, and encourages audience participation while remaining on brand and consistent
- Assists the Marketing Team with large projects, events, and community engagement
- Works as part of a team to develop large social media campaigns
- Analyzes and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Works with the corporate marketing team members to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy
- Uses timelines and scheduled content via Hootsuite to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
- Develop strategies to increase followership and engagement.
- Manage regular posting schedule of event promotions.
- Create Facebook events as needed.
- Developed paid promotions as required.
- Monitor and respond to comments and direct messages in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills needed.
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in a professional manner when dealing with associates, tenants, and any other parties.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and be accurate in composing and proofing materials.
- Adobe creative suite experience a plus.
- Must be pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, or a related field.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment; such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.