BPG Real Estate Services, LLC., a rapidly growing company, knows that our success begins and ends with our people. Through the efforts of our associates and guided by our values, we transform the communities we serve, striving to exceed the expectations of our tenants, residents and clients. Formed in 1993, BPG is a privately-held, full-service real estate acquisition, development and management company with offices and properties in Washington DC, Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, PA, and Baltimore, MD.
At BPG, giving our associates the BPG Experience is a top priority. Join us as a Maintenance Technician.
The responsibility of a maintenance technician is to complete assignments as directed by Maintenance Supervisor in a timely and accurate manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform general maintenance on all turnover units and common areas.
- Must be able to perform drywall work, painting and caulking.
- Assist with carpet repairs and cleaning.
- Assist with grounds maintenance, including trash removal, watering and weeding grounds and inclement weather.
- Clean apartments/common area when needed.
- Install/pick up bandit signs.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of shop area.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Superintendent or Property Manager.
- Hours of duty: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Available on 24-hour call. Must be able to pull call for emergencies by participating in the on call rotation.
- All other duties as required.
- Must be self-motivated, with good communication skills.
- Must be available for after hours emergency maintenance as needed or required.
- Must have ownership of hand tools.
- Must possess the ability to lift 100 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Must be able to work independently and possess strong leadership and decision making skills.
- Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and customers/tenants.
- Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures.
- Prior experience in the field required. Minimum one year experience (electric, carpentry, plumbing, etc).
- High school degree or equivalent is required
- Requires standing and walking.
- Requires frequent operation of maintenance equipment; such as tools, cleaning equipment, etc.
- Frequent stretching and / or bending to access equipment, objects in need of repair, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.