Job Title: Director of Regional Facilities
Reports To: Vice President of Residential
Job Purpose: The position is a support professional reporting directly to VP of Residential Operations and will require a high-energy, multitasking and dedicated individual to accomplish all tasks assigned. Overall responsibilities include the management of services and processes that support the core business of residential operations, focusing on using best practices to improve efficiency, by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity. Ensuring that the organization has the most suitable working environment for its employees and their activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enhances portfolio performance relating to general maintenance by providing support to property maintenance teams through technical advice and expertise.
- Ensures quality and quantity of work performed adheres to company policies, procedures and standards.
- Collaborates with Property Managers and Maintenance teams to provide recommendations relating to complex service orders.
- Involved in both strategic planning and day-day maintenance operations, particularly in relation to the buildings and premises.
- Practical and hands-on tasks required as the needs arise in addition to training maintenance personnel. Including turning units, and resident service orders.
- Procurement and contract management.
- Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors.
- Building and grounds maintenance.
- Utilities and communications infrastructure.
- Project management and supervising and coordinating work for contractors.
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods and services to achieve maximum value for money, commensurate with owner objectives/ budget and budget constraints.
- Liaison with tenants of commercial/ retail located within the assets.
- Ensuring buildings meets health and safety requirements.
- Checking that agreed work by on-site maintenance staff and contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies.
- Manages all Capital Improvement processes for assigned assets under guidance from SVP, working closely with the on-site property manager.
- Manages the process of strategizing preventive maintenance throughout all assets.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, including special projects.
- Provides oversight of disaster recovery process by ensuring that Maintenance Supervisors and associate teams have appropriate tools and resources. Including Safety employee training program.
- Required to be immediately available to assist with property emergencies such as fires, floods, or weather emergency. Including, being responsible for overseeing the emergency plans safety and welfare of employees, residents, and commercial tenants.
- Managers and oversees snow removal processes including shoveling snow per BPG policy and procedures.
- Manages maintenance on-call 24-hour program including scheduling and covering yourself during staffing shortages/ constraints.
- Flexibility and the ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays etc as needs arise.
- All other duties as required.
- Must be knowledgeable of maintenance systems, including inventory control, preventative maintenance, and service order record keeping.
- Must be knowledgeable of mechanical systems and equipment including HVAC, landscaping, carpentry, painting, hydraulic systems, and electric motors.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Must be able to work independently and possess strong leadership and decision making skills.
- Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and customers/tenants.
- Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures.
- Proficiency in computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must possess the ability to lift 100 pounds.
- Experience dealing with new Construction as well as Project Managers.
- Proficiency in plumbing repairs and troubleshooting.
- Certification as a Type I and Type II technician from an Environmental Protection Agency approved technician certification program.
- High school diploma required.
- Proficiency in electrical troubleshooting of high and low voltage and the use of diagnostic equipment, including volt/ohm meters.
- Requires frequent walking and standing.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment; such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and/or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Occasional sitting required.
Direct Reports: None
Statement of Notices:
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants, as well as associates, are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.