In this critical role, you will have an exciting opportunity to work side by side with other purchasing specialists and managers, as well as construction project managers, interior designers and architects on both small and large-scale hospitality and commercial procurement projects. You will be given ownership for the procurement of FF&E/OS&E for key hotel projects with the responsibility of sourcing, bidding, value engineering and purchasing all specified products specified for guestroom, public space and exterior areas as requested by the Client.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Project FF&E and OS&E procurement of products for hospitality, select commercial and food and beverage projects from initial design to installation
- Develop preliminary FF&E budgets and forecasts
- Develop bid proposals, prepare and process purchase orders
- Provide bid comparison reports, forecast and expediting reports
- Manage/facilitate the approval process of custom goods with vendors and interior designers; assist interior designers with alternate selection options
- Coordinate FF&E delivery with installation staff
- Travel to project site 1-2 times for initial coordination meetings and delivery of FF&E
- Communicate with the client, providing regular status updates and handling any questions or changes.
- Coordinate work in the field including interfacing with designers and consultants.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong time management and leadership skills.
- Ability to develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision.
- Ability to navigate and interpret architectural, interior design drawings and design specifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with vendors, designers, construction and general contractors.
- Proven ability to produce accurate and timely reports and forecasts.
- Must be detailed oriented with the ability to manage multiple large-scale projects simultaneously with a high level of accuracy.
- Highly-motivated, self-starter with a strong drive to succeed and grow within the organization.
- High School diploma required;
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in interior design, architecture, or a related field is strongly preferred.
- 2 Years interior design experience strongly preferred.
- 1-2 Years Purchasing Experience
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment such as computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and/or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Intermittent standing and walking.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability or any applicable statutory protected category.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.