The Leasing Accountant maintains and administers leases for a diverse portfolio of properties. The Leasing Accountant is the point of contact for tenants on billing, leasing and accounts receivable questions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Abstract and set up all lease documents (new leases, amendments, terminations, assignments, subleases, etc.) in MRI (Commercial Management Module).
- Maintain and monitor critical dates to track date-sensitive requirements and coordinates such requirements with the Construction, Asset Management and Leasing teams.
- Process monthly recurring charges for all Commercial Tenants and reviews recurring charges report for accuracy.
- Prepare and process tenant CAM and Security Deposit reconciliations and estimates annually in accordance with lease requirements and fields call from tenants related to reconciliations.
- Draft Tenant Estoppels and SNDA forms as needed.
- Draft and send Tenant Communications, including but not limited to commencement memorandums, default notices.
- Process tenant move outs in MRI and security deposit refunds.
- Identify and process adjustments/write-offs upon receipt of approvals.
- Identifies invoices that need to be billed to tenants and facilitates the billback process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated superior Microsoft Excel skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to conduct financial analysis and research with minimal guidance.
- Must be able to analyze situations, identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in a professional manner when dealing with employees, tenants, and company contacts.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and be accurate in composing and proofing materials.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred or at least three years of related experience.
- Real estate or property management background strongly desired.
- Excellent working knowledge of all MS-Office products, particularly Excel.
- Experience with MRI software is strongly preferred.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment; such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
- AR Specialist(s)
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.