Responsible for accounts payable, assisting in the monthly financial close, preparation of bank reconciliations and other general accounting duties in the accounting department. Also fulfill project-based tasks including processing real estate tax and insurance invoices, processing credit card transactions, maintaining daily cash log and reconciling escrow accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily reconciliation of cash across all operating bank accounts, including logging into bank accounts every morning and investigating any reconciliation discrepancies.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying accounts receivables’ data.
- Prepare and post journal entries for the GL. All journal entries must be properly supported.
- Generate check requests.
- Track, process and record debt service.
- Assist in variance analysis and timely reconciliation of general ledger and balance sheet accounts, investigating and variances.
- Assist in the preparation of lender reports monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Post any third-party activity to the accounting system.
- Generate and update dashboard activity as needed.
- Assist with credit card processing.
- Update available cash schedules and pull financial reports as needed.
- Obtain lien waivers as needed for any escrow withdraw requests or other draws.
- Assist with generating year end workpapers, assist in audit process as necessary.
- Special projects and other duties as needed.
- Abide with all accounting policies and deadlines and notify the proper team members when such deadlines cannot be met.
- Demonstrated superior Microsoft Excel skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to conduct financial analysis and research with minimal guidance.
- Must be able to analyze situations, identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in a professional manner when dealing with employees, vendors, and company contacts.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently. Must be able to handle multiple deadlines at the same time.
- Must be detail oriented and be accurate in composing and proofing materials.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of accounting and understanding of general ledger accounts practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred or at least three years of related experience.
- Real estate or property management background desired.
- Excellent working knowledge of all MS-Office products, particularly Excel.
- Experience with MRI software is strongly preferred.
- Experience with AvidXchange is strongly preferred.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment; such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants, as well as associates who are or become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants, as well as associates, are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.