Duties & Responsibilities
The HVAC Technician’s duties and responsibilities are mechanically oriented, but include certain functions:
- Acts as consultant to Service Manager:
- Provides advice and guidance in relation to mechanical problems and situations.
- Reviews of building operations and procedures.
- Provides written evaluation reports and recommendations.
- Performs HVAC mechanic duties.
- Runs diagnostics and troubleshooting
- performs routine maintenance and repairs
- Identifies potential heat and air conditioning problems and other environmental conditions.
- Recommend proper ventilations, correct equipment, and required electrical loads.
- Must be familiar with building equipment such as:
- Equipment statistics – type, size, manufacturer, etc.
- Maintenance Records – inspections, repairs, preventive maintenance schedules, etc.
- Equipment Inventories – electrical and mechanical
- Equipment History Records – failures, written reports
- Inspection Schedules – plant and equipment
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must be available for after hours emergency maintenance as needed or required.
- Must possess the ability to lift 100 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritized multiple tasks and demands.
- Must be able to work independently and possess strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at levels of an organization, tenants and subcontractors.
- Must have basic hand tools.
- Must have trade school certification, mechanic training, NATE Certification, EPA certification.
- 5 Years prior experience in the field as an HVAC Tech is required.
- High school degree or equivalent is required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Requires standing and walking.
- Requires frequent operation of maintenance equipment; such as tools, cleaning equipment, etc.
- Frequent stretching and / or bending to access equipment, objects in need of repair, etc.
- Frequently required to lift, carry, push, and/or pull objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.