BPGS Construction, LLC (“BPGS”) is a full service construction management subsidiary of BPG. The company provides a broad range of integrated pre-construction and construction management services for BPG as well as select third parties. BPGS has completed or is currently involved with over $300 million in capital improvements related projects that include hotels, offices, residential, retail and parking. BPGS Construction is currently looking seeking candidates for the following positions.
The role of the Superintendent is to plan, organize, direct, and control the building aspects each project in order to meet budget, quality, time and safety objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand and administer the BPGS safety program to include all subcontractors, ensure that all accidents/incidents are promptly reported and investigated, and assist in safety inspections by outside agencies.
- Direct the work flow consistent with the project schedule, communicate project priorities to field staff and subcontractors, maintain daily diary of all activities and site conditions, and manage the punch list and closeout process through owner/architect acceptance.
- Work with project manager in formulating project schedule, ensure that the proper methods and sequence of installation are followed, makes and follows through with schedule commitments, and maintains BPGS quality standards.
- Maintain good working relationship with all subcontractors on the project, develop relationships within the community which enhances business opportunities, and ensure subcontractors are treated fairly.
- Ensure complete, accurate daily documentation of work orders/tickets, understand subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders, and identify problems early and act immediately to provide solutions.
- Develop and organize the field team, arrange for temporary facilities/utilities for the site, and identify long lead items that need to be expedited.
- Project a professional demeanor at all times through appearance and behavior. Promote positive customer relations.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Must have excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and be accurate in composing and proofing materials.
- Must have strong communications skills both written and oral.
- Must have strong leadership and decision making skills.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- High school diploma required.
- Some college experience strongly preferred.
- Must have mid-rise to high-rise experience, less than 25 stories
- 5+ years of experience in commercial general contracting
- Project lead experience
- Requires standing, walking, and sitting.
- Requires frequent operation of equipment.
- Frequent stretching and / or bending to access equipment, objects, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.