Duties & Responsibilities
- Create, maintain and update financial models for commercial, multifamily, industrial, and real estate.
- Analyze existing portfolio assets and develop accurate financial pro-formas utilizing both Argus DCF and Microsoft Excel.
- Underwrite new acquisition opportunities.
- Assist in the closing process for new debt and equity capitalizations.
- Prepare monthly cash flow analysis for portfolio assets.
- Prepare offering memorandums to be utilized in presentations with potential equity investors and lending institutions.
- Research and analyze market data including: occupancy, rental rates, expenses, demographics, and economic indicators.
- Assist with financial, market and property level due diligence.
- Monitor and maintain target market data including property ownership and market trends.
- Prepare market analysis reports, including vacancy, absorption, and comparable rents.
- Prepare specific market research to facilitate long term investment decisions.
- Verify model assumptions against market data.
- Develop a working knowledge of abstracts, leases, loan documents, partnership agreements, and other related documents.
- Review and analyze third party reports.
- Grant applications writing.
- Assist in pre-development such as environmental report management, survey appraisals, and working closely with appraiser.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Self-starter who enjoys collaboration and is able to prioritize projects and workload, deliver projects on time, and respond quickly to market driven opportunities.
- Proficient with MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail with a proven track record of multi-tasking across projects.
- Strong computer skills, the ability to learn new software, and comfortable working in a technology based environment.
- Strong, professional communication skills to work across wide range of audiences.
- Professional demeanor with proactive approach to anticipate desires, options, and scenarios.
- A bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, Accounting, Finance or related major required with a real estate concentration or exposure preferred.
- 1-2 years real estate and/or financial experience.
- Excel and Argus certifications or experience preferred.
- Experience with developing statistical and financial models and ability to analyze investment and funding options, and making recommendations preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills with proven ability to apply said skills to new industries, technologies, and opportunities preferred.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment such as computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and/or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Occasional standing and walking required.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.