BPG Real Estate Services, LLC., a rapidly growing company, knows that our success begins and ends with our people. Through the efforts of our associates and guided by our values, we transform the communities we serve, striving to exceed the expectations of our tenants, residents and clients. Formed in 1993, BPG is a privately-held, full-service real estate acquisition, development and management company with offices and properties in Washington DC, Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, PA, and Baltimore, MD.
At BPG, giving our associates the BPG Experience is a top priority. Join us as the Director of Food and Beverage!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee and steer financial and operational decisions for owner-operated and 3rd party-operated food and beverage venues, including but not limited to:
- Owner-Operated Venues
- Fulfill all internal and external financial reporting requirements.
- Continuously assess and reassess overall venue performance and needs, identifying priorities and objectives and implementing strategies to improve operations, financial performance and customer experience.
- Conduct weekly operational meetings with venue managers to discuss specific initiatives, issues and solutions.
- Ensure appropriate cost control and reporting technology is implemented and used.
- Conduct financial statement reviews with each venue managers monthly.
- Present monthly reporting package to Senior Management on a monthly basis.
- Work with venue managers to create and present annual budgets.
- Work with venue managers to re-forecast the business at least quarterly.
- 3rd Party-Operated Venues
- Review, provide input and approve annual budgets and forecasts.
- Review monthly financial reports, evaluating performance versus budgets/forecasts and identifying areas for improvement.
- Oversee 3rd-party operator, ensuring optimal financial and operational performance. Provide feedback on areas to improve and audit operator to ensure it is
- Have in-depth understanding of all cost control processes utilized by 3rd-party operator, including inventory management and staffing, and provide feedback to improve performance as needed.
Establish and develop high-performance teams across all venues to deliver outstanding service and meet all goals, including but not limited to:
- Effectively lead the team and ensure all venue managers achieve their sales, cost, staffing and service goals.
- Understand and enforce the details of the operation, including all food and beverage as well as service standards.
- Quickly identify and remediate when a standard is not being met, through effective and aggressive leadership.
- Determine accountabilities and enforce policies and procedures.
- Facilitate the onboarding and training process for all new direct-reports.
- Provide continuous training and leadership to develop and grow team.
- Ensure that all associates receive robust and material annual performance reviews.
- Work with the accounting and asset management teams to ensure appropriate controls and reporting are in place.
Work with the Development and Construction teams to make certain that new venues are prepared for opening, including but not limited to:
- All designs for new venues are operationally sound.
- All pre-operating items for new venues are identified and planned for, such as inventory, POS and smallwares.
- New venues have an approved budget in place.
Teach and ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures, including but not limited to:
- Ensure Department of Labor/Health Department compliance as it pertains to the operation.
- Hold associates accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary.
- Ensure that the Payroll process is completed accurately, on time and according to proper business/accounting procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced understanding of how to analyze financial statements, with the ability to use past experiences and knowledge to enhance revenue and minimize costs without sacrificing the customer experience.
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to support and inspire a flexible and innovative operating culture.
- Strong understanding of various food, service and beverage programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership, organization and management skills.
- Proficiency in multiple POS platforms (Micros, Square, etc.) and Inventory Management Systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Culinary Studies or related field required.
- A minimum of 8 years as a General Manager or Senior Manager experience working within the Food and Beverage industry and overseeing multiple venues required.
- Prior experience with having full accountability for operational and financial performance required.
- Experience managing multiple venue-types (franchises, high-end concessions, beer gardens, etc…) strongly preferred.
- Must be able to stand, reach with arms and hands, bend and stoop, kneel and crouch more than 50% of the time.
- Must be able to verbally communicate with associates and vendors at all times.
- Lifting requirements range from 10 to 50lbs no more than 20% of the time.
- Must be able to work long hours, walking and standing for several hours at a time.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle.
- This position will have venue managers directly reporting to s/he.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.