BPG Real Estate Services, LLC., a rapidly growing company, knows that our success begins and ends with our people. Through the efforts of our associates and guided by our values, we transform the communities we serve, striving to exceed the expectations of our tenants, residents and clients. Formed in 1993, BPG is a privately-held, full-service real estate acquisition, development and management company with offices and properties in Washington DC, Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, PA, and Baltimore, MD.
At BPG, giving our associates the BPG Experience is a top priority. Join us as a Porter.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Clean and care for building and facilities in order to ensure they are maintained in a safe and healthy manner.
- Clean offices and recreational facilities
- Mop tile and concrete floor areas
- Vacuum all carpeted areas
- Dust all furniture and fixtures as required
- Wash and disinfect all washroom floors, toilets, toilet seats, hand dryers and fixtures
- Clean all mirrors
- Replenish toilet tissue and soap as needed
- Empty all waste baskets and garbage cans
- Place garbage in outside storage bin
- Clean entrance and exit including glass, doors and hardware
- Keep outside area near exit and entrance clear of snow, cans, paper, etc.
- Wash all finger marks from walls, doors, hardware and glass
- Perform and/or report minor maintenance repairs
- Clean kitchen sinks and counters
- Report damages and acts of vandalism
- Spot clean walls and toilet partitions if necessary
(Attached checklist will be required to use as a daily worksheet and turned into supervisor at end of shift.)
- Maintain storage areas and cleaning equipment, materials and supplies in a safe and orderly manner in order to ensure the safety of staff and to the public.
- Secure storage areas
- Ensure cleaning materials and supplies are stored in a safe and orderly manner
- Maintain adequate supply of cleaning materials and supplies
- Restock materials and supplies as necessary
- Make note of the need for equipment repairs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemical products and equipment
- Knowledge of the Workplace hazardous Materials Information System
- Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products
- Problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Must be able to work with little supervision
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to spend the majority of the work day standing, lifting heavy objects, operating medium weight cleaning equipment, moving furniture, sweeping and mopping.
- Required to do a great deal of stretching and bending, often in awkward positions.
- Required to maintain strict confidentiality of related resident and leasing office information.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience is a must.
- Requires standing and walking.
- Requires frequent operation of maintenance equipment; such as tools, cleaning equipment, etc.
- Frequent stretching and / or bending to access equipment, objects in need of repair, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.