The Property Manager is involved in all aspects of day-to-day operations of the property, including accounting, tenant relations, maintenance and repair, security, janitorial services, landscaping, snow removal, etc. The Property Manager handles tenant complaints and service requests, and must be familiar with the terms of tenant leases. The Property Manager assists in the preparation of the annual budget, reporting and financial performance of the property.
Duties & Responsibilities
Property Management Responsibilities
- Establish an excellent working relationship with the building tenants through office visits, telephone calls, etc… , ensuring tenants are satisficed and any issues are quickly and properly rectified.
- Ensures a smooth transition into the property for all new tenants through coordination with all internal and external parties.
- In conjunction with the Property Manager, works with and provides direction and guidance to the engineering staff, assigns work priorities, determines the extent of repairs and necessary corrective measures, and is responsible for control and operations of the heating and air conditioning facilities.
- Regularly inspects tenant space, public areas, storerooms, utility rooms, basements, stairways, and grounds to ensure that the building(s) cleanliness is adequate and grounds are maintained. Consults with custodial supervisor or cleaning contractor regarding their employees’ failures or deficiencies.
- Performs thorough inspections of the building(s) and grounds, noting physical appearance of property, deferred maintenance, and other related data. Submits monthly building inspection report based upon observations, noting specific locations, conditions, and recommendations for corrective action.
- Maintains basic administrative files and records relevant to building operations and tenants. Prepares written reports as required by operating procedures for building and other incidental correspondence which is pertinent to management operations.
- Maintains files containing written records of maintenance services, equipment inventory, operating manuals, general supply and parts inventory and a library consisting of pertinent data relating to operating equipment, building fixtures and updated tenant drawings and plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
Leasing Manager Responsibilities
- Prospects potential tenants through relationships within the industry, brokers, cold calling, canvassing, etc…
- Leverages internal resources (existing Leasing team, Property Management team, etc…) to transition prospects into new tenants.
- Ensures tenant satisfaction and properly addresses any issues or raises issues to the appropriate party.
- Works with existing tenants through the lease renewal process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Project a professional demeanor at all times through appearance and behavior. Promote positive customer relations.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Must have excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and be accurate in composing and proofing materials.
- Must have strong communications skills both written and oral.
- Must have strong leadership and decision making skills.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must be computer literate with prior experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field strongly preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Commercial Property Manager required.
- Multiple buildings and/or locations desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Requires sitting, standing, and walking.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment; such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 10 lbs.