BPG|SPORTS, a dynamic sports management company, knows that our success begins and ends with our people. Through the efforts of our associates and guided by our values, we transform the communities we serve, striving to exceed the expectations of our tenants, residents and clients. In collaboration with The Buccini/Pollin Group, our vision is to positively affect the communities we serve and help develop youth through our dynamic sports programming and world-class facilities.
At BPG|SPORTS, giving our associates the BPG Experience is a top priority. Join us as an Intern!
|Job Title:||BPG|Sports Intern (Unpaid)|
|Reports To:||Director of Operations|
The primary responsibility of the Intern is to assist and implement all oriented programming/game day operations in an effort to increase engagement, generate revenue, and maximize the overall 76ers Fieldhouse experience.
Perks & Benefits
- Exposure and exclusive access to events
- Free entrance to all 76ers Fieldhouse events
- Opportunity to network with professionals in the industry
Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with partners in basketball, soccer, lacrosse, volleyball, Blue Coats, etc., to seamlessly integrate all programming within the Fieldhouse.
- Create and organize schedule for youth programs, including player development programs, camps, leagues, etc.
- Assist with opening and closing of the 76ers Fieldhouse
- Set-up and prepare the courts/fields for daily use
- Answer phones and respond to patron questions and requests in a timely fashion
- Make sales calls as needed
- Assist with event management and crowd control during programing hours and game days
- Provide exceptional customer service, develop relationships, and sell openings in the schedule
- Support tracking of parking
- Help with event set up (i.e. signage, lists etc.)
- Monitor facility for cleanliness and damage
- Assist with basic accounting
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to drive projects from concept to execution are needed.
- Proven ability to solve problems and work independently and in groups is required.
- Must be able to work long and non-traditional business hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- High school diploma required.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program, pursuing a Sports Management, Marketing, Business or related degree.
- An intimate understanding of the local youth sporting environment.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products required.
- Requires frequent standing and walking.
- Frequent stretching and / or bending to access sporting equipment, chairs, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.