The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting with the general administrative functions and physical operations of the building(s). He or she will provide direction to and implement the maintenance for efficient mechanical operations, adequate building(s) and grounds cleanliness, and the implementation of preventative maintenance programs to ensure preservation and upkeep of the building(s) and equipment. He or she he will be responsible for managing qualified and competent personnel and maintaining good tenant relations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with and provides direction and guidance to the engineering staff, assigns work priorities, determines the extent of repairs and necessary corrective measures, and is responsible for control and operations of the heating and air conditioning facilities.
- Regularly inspects tenant space, public areas, storerooms, utility rooms, basements, stairways, and grounds to ensure that the building(s) cleanliness is adequate and grounds are maintained. Consults with custodial supervisor or cleaning contractor regarding their employees’ failures or deficiencies.
- Performs thorough inspections of the building(s) and grounds, noting physical appearance of property, deferred maintenance, and other related data. Submits monthly building inspection report based upon observations, noting specific locations, conditions, and recommendations for corrective action.
- Responsible for job assignments, explanation of employee duties and responsibilities, and informing operating staff of policies and procedures. Periodically reviews employee performances; conducts employer-employee critiques; and provides or requests training programs as needed.
- Check all inventories; electrical, janitorial, paper and other maintenance items monthly and request the purchase of required supplies.
- Establish a working relationship with the building tenants. Maintain liaison through occasional office visits and telephone calls. Meets all new tenants prior to occupancy.
- Maintains basic administrative files and records relevant to building operations and tenants. Prepares written reports as required by operating procedures for building and other incidental correspondence which is pertinent to management operations. Maintains files containing written records of maintenance services, equipment inventory, operating manuals, general supply and parts inventory and a library consisting of pertinent data relating to operating equipment, building fixtures and updated tenant drawings and plans.
- Prepares, maintains and controls related budgeted operating expenses associated with respective buildings, properties.
- When and if the need arises, the manager will be expected to devote extra time to building operations and to perform physical operational tasks.
- Project a professional demeanor at all times through appearance and behavior. Promote positive customer relations.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Must have excellent time management skills and ability to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and be accurate in composing and proofing materials.
- Must have strong communications skills both written and oral.
- Must have strong leadership and decision making skills.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must be computer literate with prior experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- High school diploma required.
- Some college or level of higher education preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Commercial Property Manager required.
- Multiple buildings and/or locations desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Requires sitting, standing, and walking.
- Requires frequent operation of office equipment; such as a computer, copy machine, telephone, etc.
- Occasional stretching and / or bending to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
Statement of Notices
Equal Employment Opportunity
BPG Real Estate Services, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disability Act
Applicants as well as associates who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Applicants as well as associates are encouraged to meet with Human Resources as the organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned. The Company may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the company.